OK, here’s the layout and the information that needs to go in your press release
- Date the press release is sent out
- Contact information: the person the media can call for more information. Include phone number and email
- Printed on company or artist/band stationary. For a word doc, this means you’ll need to place your logo into the header of your Word Doc.
- One page only. Not two pages, one.
Tomorrow, we’ll put a bit more flesh on the bones however remember that the media need:
- News or announcements that are relevant to THEIR target audience (which might not be the same as yours).
- Deadlines met for their calendars and event listings (send stuff weeks in advance, not at the last minute).
- Event or information which is in the proximity to their coverage area.
If the info in your press release doesn’t meet this criteria, don’t send it to them!