Getting emailed a list of interview questions for a piece by a journalist/blogger/reporter is a common practice. I like it as a form of intwerviewing as it gives you more of an opportunity to craft what you are going to say and get your message across.
Brooke Segerra has written a great article over at Music Think Tank about how to get the best out of them, here are the main points of the article:
- Really focus on what you want to say and how you want to say it. Write and rewrite if necessary.
- Expand on points in a conversational manner rather than listing/bullet pointing.
- Be careful of overusing the pronoun “I”.
- Share the love and mention some other bands on your scene.
- Proof read it. Then check it again.
- Share the published article (it might help you get another one further down the line).
- Thank the interviewer for the exposure.
Read the full article at
Got any questions about this post or how you can better market yourself?