Instagram is a great marketing tool for bands. Bandzoogle recently published 25 ways of getting more fans on Instagram. Here are the takeaway tips that I think are the most essential:
- Use hashtags to identify and categorise your images. Use descriptive hashtags that people might search for. Here’s the images for the hashtag ‘crowdshot’.
- Use a short, snappy caption with each image.
- Post images which fit in with trending or time specicic hashtags i.e. #tbt (Throwback Thursday).
- Vary the type of images you post: backstage, rehearsing, chilling, on the road, in the studio.
- Add a link to your website in your Instagram profile.
- Use the video feature, you’ve got 15 seconds, wow your fans with some cool moves.
- Proactively search for fans. Search for terms that fit your music (i.e. folk, heavymetal). Follow people with the same interests as you.
- Comment on other people’s images.
- As with all social networks post consistently to build an audience.
For the full 25 tips, go to https://bandzoogle.com/blog/25-ways-to-get-more-fans-for-your-band-using-instagram
Got any questions about this post or how you can better market yourself?