Announcing and put a show on sale one of the best times to get people’s attention. If something is ‘new’ people sit up and take notice so it’s one of the best times to try and get people to buy a ticket.
I put a mini tour of six shows on sale last week. Here’s the promo work that went into that announce:
- Uploaded tour promo video to YouTube (30 seconds)
- Sent YouTube message to channel subscribers
- Facebook post announcing tour (incorporating 30 second tour promo)
- Instagram post announcing tour (incorporating 30 second tour promo)
- Twitter post announcing tour (incorporating 30 second tour promo) (including RT of post 12 hours later)
- Mailing list mailout (and resend to unopened subscribers)
- Promoter mailing list mailout (and resend to unopened subscribers)
- Updated listings on Bandsintown
- Sent Bandsintown message to followers announcing tour
- Added news post to website and added dates to gig listings page
- Added dates to Soundkick Tourbox (so events list on Spotify page)
- Created Facebook event for each show. Posted in earlier Facebook events for those locations informing of new shows.
- Create Facebook ad campaigns in areas of the six shows. Each campaign targets four separate audiences.
Thats a lot of work but a nice solid ‘blast’ to try and capture people’s attention en masse and get a bit of a ‘buzz’ happening. Feel free to use some of these steps when announcing your own new shows.
Got any questions about this post or how you can better market yourself?