Here’s a gig plug on Twitter let’s dissect it for effectiveness:
- Use BLOCK CAPS for emphasis, but use it sparingly.
- Include Twitter handle of the venue (so that they can retweet).
- Place the URL for more info/tickets in the middle of the tweet not at the end (it stands out better).
- Shorten link using a site like Bitly (I’ve even removed the http:// prefix from the Bitly URL to save on more space).
- Image of the venue used to make the Tweet more visually appealing.
If this is appearing for the first tweet, tweet it three times on day one (morning, afternoon and night) and then reschedule three times later that week using slightly different text and/or images.
Got any questions about this post or how you can better market yourself?