The Pigeons and Planes music blog has put together great piece on how to submit your music to blogs.
You should read the article in full, but here are the main points.
1) Make sure you submit to the correct email address.
2) Is the blog is appropriate for your music? Do your research, refer back to something on their blog which suggests that your music is worth reviewing (“As you liked XYZ, I’m sure you’ll like our music”).
3) If sending to multiple bloggers simultaneously, use BCC to keep people’s email addresses private.
4) Have a snappy subject line. “My New Music” won’t cut it. “Former folk band turns EDM for kicks” will probably pique interest a little more!
5) When emailing someone for the first time, email your best track, rather than your entire back catalogue. If it’s good, they’ll ask for more.
6) Provide hi-res photo/artwork, streaming/download links and information about the release in the email.
7) Share the story behind the song.
8) Use a comparison to another artist help people get a handle on your music before they’ve heard it.
9) Don’t be dishonest to try and get a review.
10) Follow up the submission.
Full article here
Got any questions about this post or how you can better market yourself?