Viral video hits are few and far between. If you’re one of those artists that likes to ‘chase the numbers’ and try and achieve a ‘milestone’ number, it might be a better focus to concentrate on getting a big number of views for your YouTube channel rather than for individual videos.
Musician Matt Sandler has created a post on Hypebot where he explains how his band Chromatik gained a million channel views. You should read the article in full but here are the main points:
- Get cracking. You’ve got to pull your finger out and record stuff. Record and upload a new video today.
- Get organised and be prolific. Create a schedule to help you with this.
- There’s no excuse for poor quality video and audio.
- Title and tag your videos correctly.
- Focus on creating a community, (ask people to subscribe) and regularly feed them content. Make sure you share and promote your content via social channels, contact blogs etc.
- Trendjacking. Whatever/whoever is big right now do some covers.
- Collaborate with others.
- It’s a long game. It’s not going to happen overnight. Be patient.
Read the full article here
Got any questions about this post or how you can better market yourself?