Getting to 250 followers should be an important aim for any DIY musician. With 250 followers you can share playlists with your fans, add art to playlists, update your artist image, access analytics and more.
Here are some tips courtesy of Chris Robley at the DIY Musician blog to help you achieve this goal:
- Set a time frame (3 months, 6 months) so you can prioritise this over other marketing activities.
- Create a dedicated Spotify page on your website. Create a ‘Spotify Follow’ Button on that page and put it on your website. Promote this Spotify page by placing the URL in YouTube video descriptions, social media bios etc.
- Ask your fans to follow you on social media. Tell them why it’s important in your world and that it’s a means of showing support.
- Include a call to action to follow you on Spotify on your next email newsletter.
- If you have a personal profile as well as a band profile, see if you can get personal followers to follow your artist profile.
- Once you get to 250 followers, visit https://www.spotifyartists.com/verification/ to merge your user profile with your artist page.
For even more tips, visit diymusician.cdbaby.com/music-promotion/become-verified-artist-spotify-first-250-followers
Got any questions about this post or how you can better market yourself?