If you’ve got a run of shows coming up, you’ve got yourself a tour. The ‘announce’ of a tour is one of the biggest opportunities to gain exposure for these shows. Yes, you will be promoting each show individually as and when they occur, however promoting several shows together at the same time creates a ‘snowball’ effect; each show helps to promote the other.
Here are some things to do when you announce your next tour to make sure the dates achieve maximum exposure:
- Do a ‘live stream’ announce of the dates that you are playing on Facebook Live, Instagram Live and Periscope/Twitter.
- Take previous video clips of you performing live, overlay tour dates/locations over the top and you have yourself a ‘tour trailer’. Post on YouTube and all social channels and send the video to all the venues where you are playing.
- Message your subscribers on YouTube with all the info.
- Send an email to your mailing list subscribers, don’t forget to include the tour trailer video!
- Send a message to your followers on Bandsintown.
- Post the tour poster to your social channels. Make sure that the dates etc are legible when viewed on a phone. Resize for different platforms as appropriate (ie square for Instagram).
- Run a competition for shares/RTs of the tour poster on Facebook and Twitter. Facebook doesn’t give you the organic reach that it once did, but if you give away a tee and free entry to the show for a couple of people, you’ll get value out of it.
- Do a paid boost on Facebook/Instagram to ensure that your followers in the locations where you are playing get to see your tour video.
Got any questions about this post or how you can better market yourself?