Music discovery on YouTube is important, so whenever you upload a video you’ve got to make sure you use the right tags and data to make sure people can find it. These tips comes directly from the YouTube Playbook guide for music.
- Lead with artist name, song title, album title etc. Whatever is the most searched term should go first (this is normally the band name).
- Use remember to include both general and specific keywords (so maybe your music’s overall genre and sub genre should be in there).
- Place Calls to Actions (ie purchase links) at the top of the description.
Make sure that you also you include:
- Song lyrics
- Album release date
- Events, concert dates (remember, these will need updating regularly
- Links to playlists, digital stores, social channels etc.
- Use a compelling, relevant, close-up image from within the video or customer bright, high contrast image.
To read the playbook in full click this link
Got any questions about this post or how you can better market yourself?