Here are some of great promotional tips from the YouTube Playbook on how to use your YouTube channel when you are releasing an album:
- In Channel – Featured Content section of your YouTube channel, choose the video for the first single from the album as featured content for your channel . This means it will be promoted on all other videos being watched.
- Update your channel banners to promote the album release.
- Create teasers, trailers, behind the scenes videos for the album. Perhaps think about creating lyric videos etc for the full album.
- Use the video for the first single from the album (or an album trailer) as the featured video for the channel (and engage autoplay).
- Give fans exclusive content. Link to content via unlisted URLs.
- Create an album sampler and use timecoded annotations to ‘jump’ to each track.
- Add annotations on your top videos to promote the release.
- Update video descriptions to mention the album release.
- Ask your fans to create remixes or covers of the new album tracks.
Got any questions about this post or how you can better market yourself?