DIY and indie artists, do struggle to think of content for your socials? If you are in a band here’s a great little ‘questions’ exercise you can use for social content.
Copy and paste the questions below into Microsoft Word. Double space, print then cut them out. Each member of your band then picks a question out of a hat and answers it on camera. For full value you can offer the question up to the other members of the band as well.
- Who gets the most nervous before a show?
- What was the best live show you’ve ever been to?
- Who is the most underrated musical act of the past twenty years and why?
- What is your favourite TV show of all time and why?
- You are stranded on a desert island and you can only listen to one band/singer until you are rescued. Who would that be?
- Who is the biggest diva in the band?
- Describe what happened at your worst ever gig?
- What is the worst thing you have eaten on tour?
- What do you think of today’s music charts?
- What made you form a band?
- If you could organise your own festival, who would be your top three mainstage acts?
- If you could duet with any other singer, who would that be
- Who has the best haircut in the band?
- Who is the best dressed person in the band?
- Describe your most exciting moment at a gig?
- Who is the most underrated live band out there?
- Which venue would you most like to play in the future?
- Which is the best decade for music: 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, now?
- What song would you have most liked to have written?
- What is your favourite album of all time?
Even if you are a solo artist you can still do this exercise and answer the most relevant questions. Record five questions per video and post a video weekly. That’s a month’s content right there.
Exercises like this help your audience ‘get closer’ to you. Give it a whirl.
Got any questions about this post or how you can better market yourself?