Gig posters (whether physical or digital) are still an important method of promoting your events and they can be tricky to get right (see our earlier article on gig poster design).
Over at Sonicbids, Jhoni Jackson has created a poster checklist of things you need to pay attention to:
1) Missing info. Date, time, venues name and address, costs, URL to ticket sale, age restrictions. My tip, get another member of the band to check before it goes out!
2) Promo opportunities. Social channels, Soundclouds, YouTube address, promoter details etc.
3) Spellings. Photoshop has a spell checker you know. Failing that type everything in Word, spell check in there and copy and paste.
4) Bad design. Read our earlier article.
5) Bad printing. Make sure you use high res logos and photos etc.
Read the full article here:
Got any questions about this post or how you can better market yourself?